So yesterday was move in day. Feelings of both excitement and nervousness were running through my body, because I really couldn't decide whether or not I was ready to be on my own for a whole month and a half, contrary to what I had believed so strongly since November. However, I was so pleasantly surprised with how lovely and cute my roommates are, how big my apartment is, and how friendly and welcoming everyone here is. Not a single person doesn't have an interesting quality to them, a good taste in fashion, and a love for this city and design itself. It's so nice to bond with people that are passionate about the same things as you. I digress. So, moving in was kind of a hassle because of course I pulled a Shannon Weller, and brought 3 HUGE suitcases, a toiletry bag that's big enough to have to be checked instead of carried on, and two tote bags. Needless to say, unpacking took a while. Once I was all settled, Daddy and Sissy came and picked me up and we went to this bombbb crab restaurant and had a lovely dinner. Then, when they came to make sure everything was settled and to say goodbye, my daddy got all choked up and cried :( he was sad to be letting go of his baby for a month and a half. It really was precious. After they left, I just spent time with the roomies, and then went out and GOT MY NOSE PIERCED! The shop was really cool, and the guy that did it was really professional and way rad. I don't know what my parents are going to think yet, but oh well. I'll find out in a month and a half I suppose :) after walking around the city a bunch more, I came back to my apartment, popped in the 40 year old virgin, and fell asleep.
Then, I woke up this morning, took a shower, and got ready. A bunch of us walked over to the main campus for orientation, got oriented (go figure), and then went to lunch. After lunch, we had our first day of class, and let me just say that our instructors are A M A Z I N G and I'm so excited about what's coming my way. After school I had to go get some art supplies, then came back to the apartment to sit and chat a bit with Gwen. Then, Meg and I took a cab over to union sqaure to have dinner and shop. It was really relaxing after a day of school and such. My nose is healing well, and I clean it three times a day, so not to worry :) I love it here, and I'm having such a good time. I miss my friends and family so much though. And my dogs. I miss them too.

AH YOU SOUND LIKE YOU'RE HAVING SUCH A GOOD TIME BABY
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you and what's to come
oh I forgot to say. One of my friends did exactly what you're doing last summer and she loved every single second of it
ReplyDelete